Wednesday 14 August 2013

Things that Fly


Over the next few weeks we will be focusing on things that fly.
Your research challenge requires you decide on something that flies – it can be a type of plane, a hot air balloon etc
Instead of just finding out about something that flies you need to consider why the class might want to learn about this e.g. How has the hot air balloon changed over time?
Step 1
What is your umbrella question?
That is the “so what” question for your idea.
Why does this matter to people???

Step 2
Research Questions: (approximately 5)
What do I need to find out to answer my umbrella question?
What are my specific questions?
(eg When was the hot air balloon first invented?  What was the first hot air balloon made out of?)


Step 3
Getting Information
Where can I get the information I need?
What are the key words I will need to search with?


No comments:

Post a Comment